Contributions to the Department of History
The continued support of alumni and friends of the University of Georgia History Deparment bolsters its teaching and research missions in invaluable ways. Individuals are honored by named scholarship and fellowship funds, the History Department is made stronger through continued contributions, and donors can receive tax deductions. Clicking on the title of each account listed below will allow you to make donation to that account online, or you may call 706-542-2507.
Please consider making your annual contribution this year to support our Challenge Match
We have been "challenged" by a donor to raise $10,000 this year for GRADUATE STUDENT SUPPORT – if we raise $10,000, the donor will contribute an additional $5,000. The history department’s Graduate Support Fund provides assistance to students so that they can attend an important conference, travel to conduct research, access software or other equipment needed for their work, and anything in between that will help our students succeed in their academic endeavors.
Thank you. To make your gift, simply click here: Graduate Student Support Fund
Support the Department of History in the manner that suits you best
- History Fund supports our overall academic program and functions.
- Digital History Support Fund to provide support for new and ongoing digital history projects at eHistory.org.
- Numan V. Bartley Graduate Award Support Fund
- The Phyllis Barrow Scholarship Fund pays for a scholarship for an outstanding senior history major.
- Vincent J. Dooley Graduate Research Award in History
- Amanda and Greg Gregory Graduate Studies Enhancement to support recruitment, retention, and recognition of talented graduate studnets in Civil War Era studies or the history of the Southern U.S.
- The Alf Andrew Heggoy Memorial Fund makes possible one or two annual awards to recognize outstanding student achievement. These awards may be given to an undergraduate, to a graduate student, or to both. Funds from the Heggoy Fund may also be used to pay for student travel.
- History Student Support Fund to provide support for history majors, including scholarships, awards, and other expenses.
- Hostilo Family Scholarship in History a need/merit based undergraduate scholarship to enhance diversity within the student population.
- Paul N. Howard III Graduate Student Support Fund to provide support for graduate students, including dissertation writing related expenses.
- Jason Manthorne Graduate Award Fund Provides an award(s) to recognize and support talented graduate students in the Department of History.
- The LeConte Memorial Research Award makes possible financial support of an outstanding research project by a history faculty member.
- The Horace Montgomery Graduate Fellowship assists an outstanding graduate student in history.
- Drew and Dorianne Norwood Support Fund
- The Linda J. Piper Award for Study Abroad provides scholarships for undergraduates and graduate students in the Departments of History and Classics who wish to pursue their studies overseas.
- Ferdinand Phinizy Lectureship Fund
- The Emory Thomas Fellowship in History supports graduate students in history.
- The Thomas Pleasant Vincent Sr. History Scholarship ) assists an outstanding graduate student with an interest in Georgia history.
- The Warner-Fite Scholarship in History assists an outstanding graduate student in American history.
The easiest way to donate to the Georgia Fund to support the Department of History is to donate online, through the University's secure servers. If you would prefer to mail us your donation, please contact the History Department at 706-542-2507.
All contributions are gratefully accepted. All gifts to the UGA Foundation are tax-deductible as allowed by law.